Saturday, February 6, 2010

Heart to Heart


Just thought I'd share a quick and easy Valentine idea that is fun to do for or with special children in your life.

Every year, our church sends a box of Valentine greetings to each of our college students. Last year, I did this fun prayer mix (This was not an original idea, but it's definitely worth passing along).

I packaged the mix in snack bags and attached a business-sized card I'd made in Print Shop that explains what each ingredient means:

A VALENTINE PRAYER MIX FOR YOU!
PRETZELS look like folded hands that remind us to PRAY.
CHEERIOS are circles that have no beginning or end - just like HIS love.
GOLDFISH, a reminder that God gives us our food.
RAISINS remind us to thank God for raisin' Jesus and saving us.
PEANUTS are for God, who is "nuts" about us.
M & M's are sweets to remind us of God's BLESSINGS.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Just some notes about what I used:
**I like using the multi-colored goldfish because it brightens up the mix.
**I used the yogurt-covered strawberry Cheerios since they had a touch of pink.
**You can buy the M & Ms in the appropriate holiday colors (This time, I used some I had on hand.)
**If you have a computer program in which you can create business cards, you can get 10 of these labels per page to attach to the snack bags.

This would be a fun mix to give to children at Sunday School or in your neighborhood. It's also a great activity to do with children. While they are mixing, you can talk about the different ingredients and what they represent. Then, they can share God's love with grandparents, neighbors, their classmates, friends and others.

I have also used this mix for Thanksgiving favors. Just change the graphics to reflect the holiday of your choice - whether Easter, 4th of July or even a birthday.

If you don't have a program with graphics on your computer, you can use holiday stickers and create your own.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I think this sounds like a fun way to share Jesus and His love.

    ReplyDelete